Saturday, June 20, 2009

First Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there!! And most of all, Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband. Rusty, you are such an amazing Dad. I love to see the look on your face when you get home from work and see Ella. Your face just lights up and so does hers. Even though right now she's a bit of a mamma's girl, I can tell how much she loves and adores you. Watching you become a Dad has been one of the greatest things I've ever experienced. We were both so clueless when we got home from the hospital (despite all the books I read!), and I just couldn't believe what a natural you were. You just seemed to fit perfectly into the role of being a dad, so effortlessly. You were there for every night time feeding, waking up with me sometimes just to sit with me while I nursed so that I didn't have to be up alone. You'd get me glass after glass of water and just do anything you could think of to make it easier on me. We've come a long way from those sleepless nights (praise God!) and you are still there for me, every step of the way. You're so willing to get up early with Ella on Saturday mornings so I can sleep in; to let me go out and have "me" time; to change diapers (even the dirty ones!). I'm so blessed to have you as the father of my child. SHE is blessed to have you as her father. Thank you for providing for us and for loving us selflessly. Happy Father's Day.



3 comments:

Amber Waves Of Grain said...

Your photo shoot turned out great! Love the pics of Rusty & Ella. Great idea; I need to do that w/ Nathan! :)

Laura said...

I love the black and white one but the hair band takes the cake! Happy Father's day Rusty!

Marguerite said...

Such a great way to honor Rusty!