Saturday, November 29, 2008

Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope everyone had a great one. We have so much to be thankful for this year! The depth of God's faithfulness still amazes me. His love and faithfulness sustain me daily. Every good thing that I have to be thankful for is because of HIM! Just a few things I'm thankful for are...
*The Cross
*My wonderful husband who loves me all the time, even when I'm unlovable
*My daughter who has already taught me so much in 2 short months
*My sisters who add so much to my life
*My friends who pray for me, listen to me, and make me laugh

Ella is 9 weeks old today! I can't believe how much she has changed in the past few weeks. She went from being a somewhat high maintenance, fussy baby to just a bubbly, smiley, happy baby! The transformation really has been amazing! I'm not sure what brought on the change-if its just her getting older or what. One thing that it coincided with was when we started using a swaddle blanket! Almost immediately, Ella started sleeping so much better for her daytime naps. Before the swaddle blanket, she would wake up after about 20 minutes of her nap and wouldn't go back to sleep, and it would take her at least 15-20 minutes to fall asleep. Now, she's asleep within 5 minutes (usually), we don't have to rock her to sleep, and she'll stay asleep for at least an hour at a time. At night, she's sleeping for 2 good 5 hour stretches. She eats at 7:30pm, goes to bed at 9, then I give her another nursing while she's still asleep at around 10:30. After that, she's out until usually 4 or 5am, I feed her again, change her diaper and then she's back asleep until about 8:30am. Not bad! Big shout out and thank you to Audrey for suggesting swaddling again! We had sworn it off after about 2 weeks because she seemed to hate to be swaddled! But now she loves it! Here are a few pics from the past few weeks...

This one was taken last night before we headed to the mall
Making a silly face
Her 2 month picture-she's grown so much!
With my sister Rachel!

2 comments:

Lissa said...

She's looking more like her daddy! She is a beauty!!

Audrey said...

Yeah! Way to go Ella!