Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Angry Angel

15 days until Christmas! How can that be! I'm so excited for Christmas this year with Ella. She's at such a fun age right now! Now that the first 9 weeks have past I think I can say that she's just now starting to be a lot of fun and not as much "work", I guess. She's such a sweet and happy baby! She had her 2 month appointment last Monday. Her stats are as follows...

*Weight 11 lb 8 oz (61st percentile)
*Height 23 inches (65th percentile)


I'm actually doubting both of those numbers. I weigh her weekly at my breastfeeding support group and 6 days prior to her 2 month appointment she weighed 10 lb 5 oz. I find it hard to believe that she gained 19 oz in 6 days and if she did, then we are cutting back on feedings! I weighed her at support group yesterday and she weighed 11 lb 9 oz. I'm sure she gained more than 1 oz since her dr appointment 8 days prior, so I think my dr's scale weighs heavy (by a lot!). I've heard that from other mom's too...that the dr.'s scale always weighs much heavier. But either way, I'm just so proud of how far we've come!! It seems like yesterday that she was the tiny baby in the 20th percentile and we were supplementing 5 feedings a day, WOW. Praise God!

Ella had 3 total vaccinations-2 shots and 1 oral. She did pretty well. The nurse was really good and did them so quickly and then immediately handed her off to me to nurse her for a minute so she would calm down quicker. She was asleep within about 60 seconds, poor girl! She was really fussy that night, I think her legs were hurting, but she slept normally that night and was like normal the next morning! Speaking of sleeping-she is basically sleeping through the night, yay!!! She sleeps 10pm-5am pretty consistantly now. Now and then she'll wake up at 3-4am but then I just feed her and she goes right back to sleep. Her final wake up time is 8am and then we start our day.

I can't believe that almost 3 months have gone by. I go back to work on Jan 5th. I'll just be working from home on Mondays and Tuesdays (10 hrs each day) and then off the rest of the week, I'm so blessed to be able to do that. It'll be hard to be away from Ella for most of the day on those days though! I'm glad Rusty's Mom will be watching her, that will make it a little easier! I'm sure I'll be calling lots at first though to see how my sweet girl is doing! I'm glad that I can get through the holidays without worrying about going to work yet. I know that once I go back to work, time will start flying by even faster! Right now it seems like my week goes by SO fast, I can't imagine how it will be starting in January.

Here are a few pics. This first one is of Ella in her cow outfit that her Aunt Melissa bought her. She looked so cute in it!!
And here is the reason for the title of this post. Yesterday at breastfeeding group they had props set up to take angel pics of the babies so people could use them for Christmas cards or whatever. I didn't get any good enough for a card, but here are a few that I took. This is one I took AFTER I fed her...
But this is one I took BEFORE I fed her, what was I thinking? HA!
Now here are a few videos. They are kinda boring but this is pretty much what Ella does all day long now! She loves to hear the sound of her own voice, its so sweet! Sorry they're kinda pixalated (is that how you spell that??), and sorry for the vomit at the end of the second one! :)


2 comments:

Charity said...

aweeee i loved the videos!! she is so precious!! i love her little baby noises!!

Heather said...

She is getting big. Lillian weighs 12lbs 1oz, she gained 1lb in 2 weeks. We went to the doc last friday because she had a cold in her eye, now she just has a cold like mommy. Congrats on getting her to sleep through the night. I wish Lillian was doing that. The most she has slept is 5 1/2 hours. Whats your secret? Its amazing how much they change daily even weekly.

I have that same dress in the second video for Lillian, it's newborn so she cant wear it anymore, but its a very cute dress. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and have a wonderful Christmas!