Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How to...

I came across this youtube video and it has changed my life! Ok, not really. It's not like I fold 100 fitted sheets a week or anything, but still. I figured I'm almost 30 (yikes) and I should probably know how to properly fold a fitted sheet!

www.domesticadventure.com/2009/12/how-to-fold-a-fitted-sheet-101/
(how do i get the actual video to show up on my blog, does anyone know? i tried but couldn't figure it out so this is the link to it)

I'm very excited because right now it's 7:45, Ella's sound asleep, my house is clean and I have nothing pressing to do! Yeah! This hardly every happens. Usually when it does happen I canNOT let myself relax and I end up mopping the kitchen floor or clipping coupons or something ridiculous like that. I just have a really hard time relaxing! I'll probably spend the rest of the time trying to decide how exactly I want to relax and by the time I decide, it'll be time to go to bed. I think there may be something wrong with me.

So, I think Ella may finally be over her ear infection! I don't want to jinx it so I won't say it out loud, I'll just type it. Wednesday of last week she was on day 6 of her 4th antibiotic and she was showing no signs of improvement. Desperate, I started researching anything and everything I could find relating to ear infections. By God's grace I came upon a blog of a new friend and she had a section on ear infections! That led me to find a little vitamin shop and get some garlic ear oil. There was a nutritionist there who also helped me find some probiotics with immune boosters. She also suggested that I switch ella to soy milk for awhile until the ear infection was gone. Within about 24 hours Ella seemed to perk up and started sleeping about 13 hours at night. Thursday we go to the doctor to get her ear checked out. I'm just praying they are better! Regardless of what happens with her ears, it just felt good to finally take charge of Ella's health and stop being at the mercy of the 5 minutes the doctor gives me every 2 weeks.

Saturday Ella started getting a little fussy again, this time it seemed to be focused in her mouth. Over and over she kept crying and slapping her jaw line towards the back. I worked up the nerve to stick my finger in her mouth and sure enough her gums were pretty swollen in the back-seems like her 2 year molars are coming in! I know it's a little early but she's always been a little advanced in the teething area.

Ok, well I'm gonna go start relaxing!

2 comments:

beecherteam said...

about garlic oil, in Ukraine we do that all the time. I wish I would be consistend with it. so my 4 of 9 kids have ear tubes and that helps too. we also use walnut oil too. Blessings. leza

Lindsay said...

I loved that video! It's really useful but hilarious at the same time. thanks! I hope Ella's appt. goes well today. You'll have to let me know!