Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Rachel and Tabitha's DAY OF FUN!!

Friends' reference, anyone? (Joey and Janice's DAY OF FUN! Joey: does it have to be a whole day? Janice: YES, because that's how long it takes to love me!). oh how I love Friends.

Anyways, I got to have a special day of fun with my sister Rachel last week! It was so awesome! We both randomly just said several times through out the day "I'm having so much fun!" It was really the first whole day I was without Ella ever! I was away from her overnight once for a woman's retreat, but never did she leave early in the morning (Rusty took her to his mom's) and then I just have a day of relaxation. We were blessed with awesome weather that day too so it was just perfect!

After Rusty left with Ella, I went back to bed and slept for another hour! It was great! Then Rachel and I got up and made these carrot cake pancakes that I'd seen on PW's Tasty Kitchen website. If you look at the picture of the ones on her website, they look great-the perfect consistency. These were ours. I'm not really sure where we went wrong but they were definitely not light and fluffy. They were just ok.

After breakfast, we got ready and headed out. First stop: Starbucks!

They have this new drink called Dark Cherry Mocha. Oh my, it was so good! We got it iced. If you like dark chocolate and cherry, you will love this drink!
Our next stop was JoAnns! I love that store and could spend hours looking around-it's a pretty dangerous place for me actually! I limited myself to this one purchase. I love this fabric! I got 5 yds of it I think. My initial thought was to make a tablecloth but now I keep thinking of lots of other things I want to make! I might re-cover the seats of my kitchen chairs with it...? I'm sure I'll come up with something!

After JoAnn's we went several places but I got too excited about being out and about, baby-free, and I forgot to take pics! We did go to Old Navy where I got some awesome deals and also to this cute store called Details over in the Keystone at the Crossing area.
Our next stop was the Fashion Mall! We did some looking around at Crate & Barrel and then headed to Cheesecake Factory for lunch!

Our lunch was so yummy!



After lunch, we just browsed around the Fashion Mall. Of course we made a stop at the best store there! Anthropology of course!


Rach and I trying on some super cool glasses.

It was the perfect day! Great company, great food, great shopping and great weather! Love ya Rach!

No comments: