Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Summer Days

We are having such a great summer. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed summer so much! Normallly I'm not the biggest fan of summer but this summer is different. Ella (like all kids I guess) LOVES being outside. On most days, we're outside more than we're inside. Even 90 degree weather hasn't bothered me like it usually does which is a blessing! Here's a little of what we've been up to the past few weeks.

Ella loves running down the hill in our back yard. Actually, it's really just a small slope. But to her, it's like climbing Everest! The angle of this pic does make it look pretty steep but it really isn't. She likes to climb to the top and then run down, saying "WEEEEE!" Then she says "Fun! Again!"


Ella also loves taking her babies for walks in their stroller. This usually ends badly, with her getting tired of walking and wanting me to carry her (and the stroller and the baby) home.


Last week we went to the zoo-probably for the last time this summer. Ella was surprisingly not into the animals and wanted to just run. Everywhere. She didn't even like the dolphin show, which surprised me. She kept saying "all done!" Stinker.




And...most of our afternoons are spent like this. Outside, playing in the water and taking a break to eat a popsicle.



After Rusty gets home from work, Ella likes to help him water the flowers (please ignore our totally dead hanging plants that died while we were in FL. We are trying hard to bring them back to life but I think it's a hopeless cause).

Guess that's about it! Hope your summer is going as great as ours!

2 comments:

Amber Waves Of Grain said...

Your haircut is really cute, btw! :)

Michelle T said...

I love Ella's relaxing with her foot up on the table!