Friday, January 28, 2011

Recipe

I often get in a cooking rut, so I love when people post recipes they like. So...here's a recipe I made last week that was a hit with everyone in my house! Ella took a bite and said "Daddy try it. It's delicious!" That is high praise-she is hard to please!!

This is a variation of "hobo packets" with hamburger and potato. I just used sausage instead and it worked great!

1 potato per person
1 package sausage (I used the Eckridge skinless smoked sausage-fully cooked)
raw carrots
salt & pepper

Chop potatoes and carrots into chunks (I peeled the skin off Rusty's and Ella's potato first but left mine on). Cut sausage into slices.

Rip off one large sheet of foil. Place a few dabs of butter in bottom, top with potatoes, then salt and pepper. Put carrots on potatoes, then place sausage on top of carrots. Make 1 packet per person.

Wrap packet up tight, but try to leave a little room for air. Place packets on large baking sheet (mine leaked a little). Place in 375 degree oven for about 50-60 minutes.

I actually did mine in a 375 oven for about 40 minutes and then cranked it up to 400 degrees and cooked another 15 minutes or so and it was perfect. I also didn't have carrots so I just cooked veggies seperate in the microwave.

This is really yummy and clean up is easy! The sausage makes the potatoes really yummy and flavorful. I was pretty liberal with the butter too so that probably didn't hurt either :)

2 comments:

Amber Waves Of Grain said...

Sounds yummy. And, I love a recipe where the cook uses the words "butter" and "liberal" together.

Jenny said...

This is something I think Rob would like! I'll have to try it! :)