Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I love pie!

This is totally un-pregnancy related but I was just eating some really good pie and thought I'd blog about it. About 6 months ago I discovered the Pioneer Woman website-if you've never been there, check it out. Its the best cooking website ever! She has pics and step by step instructions. I've tried a number of her recipes and its really gotten me back to cooking! Most recently, I tried her recipe for Scrumptous Apple Pie. Its one of the best pies I've ever had-try it, you will NOT be disappointed! Plus, I just feel like such a homemaker when I have homemade apple pie for my husband!

Other than making pie and being wife/homemaker of the year, I've been busy just tying up loose ends at work. I only have 13 days of work left, not that I'm counting!! I can't even imagine what my life is going to be like in just 3 short weeks-everything will change, and I can't wait! I had a meeting with my boss today and just confirmed my plans-I'll be taking my full 12 weeks off (and then some), and returning to work after the New Year, but then just working from home 2 days a week. I feel so blessed that I am able to do this. Its been amazing just to see how God has worked in the past few years. I love how God works-His timing is usually so different from ours, and always is so much better.

4 comments:

Lissa said...

YEA FOR APPLE PIE! LOVE it! I need to make some...I just haven't had much luck with crusts lately. Did you make a homemade crust? I'm going to be sick if you did.
I'm getting excited to meet this little sweetness!

Audrey said...

Don't you just love her!?! I bought all of the stuff today to make those yummy enchiladas she posted. YUM! I can't believe you are already this close to baby time. It seems like you just posted that you were announcing the pregnancy. I know, it only went fast for me. :)

Amber Waves Of Grain said...

Hey, Tabitha!! That is so funny! I have 2 apple pies in my oven now baking and took pics of me making them. My plan was to blog about my pies when they are done. I just now saw your pie blog! Great minds think alike!!
I also didn't realize you were switching to working PT from home after maternity leave. That is awesome!!!! We'll have to come up for a playdate!!!!!!!!! Yay!!

Charity said...

ok that is funny because me and my friends just found pioneer woman last week! i am totally addicted to that website! i want to be in their family!

i'm totally making her chicken spaghetti and cheese muffins next week for my sil!!