Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Yup, I'm still here!

Its been a busy couple of weeks! We are trying hard to make every minute count in preparation for our baby girl coming! We have the nursery almost finished, the last thing we need to put in the room is the glider and we pick that up tomorrow. After that, it will just be arranging everything and putting things up on the wall. I can't wait for it all to be ready! Last weekend I cleaned all her clothes and attempted to organize them. Its harder than I thought it would be! I felt like Monica on Friends-I was trying to categorize everything and before I knew it I had like 12 different categories. So, I have everything put away for now but I'm sure I'll reorganize everything once she comes and I realize nothing is where it needs to be :)

As far as our other projects...the bathroom is SO close to being done. I honestly never thought it would take this long-we were totally unrealistic about how long it would take. Oh well. As long as its done in the next 2 weeks I'll be happy. Its really just finishing touches at this point. I hope to be posting pics of the finished room SOON!

Here are a few pics from my church shower! My life group girls Laura, Mandy, Nancy and Carol headed it up and my sisters Sarah and Rachel helped a lot also. Thank you girls SO much for all your hard work!! It turned out so nicely and I just felt so loved!!

Me and my good friend Anne who drove 2 hrs to come to my shower!!
My friend Jen made this adorable diaper cake! I had seen them in magazines before but never in real life! It was so cute and I know it took so much time to make. I loved it!
Here is me and my great friend Laura :)
I cannot believe I am almost 37 weeks pregnant!! Its totally surreal to me that in less than a month I will be having a BABY. I can't really imagine actually going into labor and going through that process, let along bringing her home and taking care of her. But I'm so excited! So far my pregnancy is still really normal-nothing to report! My last dr's appt was last week and my Dr. actually didn't even want me to come in this week, so I have my next appt next week. I had a small scare over the weekend and on Monday when I thought my water MAY have broken plus I felt a lot of low pressure plus back pain. I called the dr. and talked to the nurse and she said it sounded like pretty normal pregnancy stuff-nothing to worry about. As of my last appt, she hadn't dropped yet so I think they aren't too worried about me going into labor early. Hope they're right! Rachel called me the other day and said she had a dream that I went into labor on September 12th. Hmm. I hope she is wrong because that is this Friday!! Well here is a belly pic I took a few hours ago-I warn you, its not too pretty! I wonder how much bigger I will get? Hopefully not too much more!

We went to the last concert where we won't need to find a babysitter! It was such a good conert-Jars of Clay, Switchfoot and Third Day. We went with 3 other couples and it was so fun! Baby girl was rocking out-she loves music!! I kept seeing this one guy at the concert who had brought his baby! He had these big headphones on him so the loudness wouldn't bother him-it cracked me up! I had to get a picture:
Here's me and Mandy hanging out on the lawn waiting for the concert to start:
Hopefully my next post will be of the completed nursery and bathroom! And the post after that...may be the big one!

2 comments:

Charity said...

I have to say I think you look gorgeous in that belly pic!! You are still so tiny everywhere else!! Just a little baby girl there!! too cute!!

Hopefully your present will arrive soon. The post office is closed by the time I get off work so I gave it to my Mom to send:)

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Glad to hear you are doing well Tabitha! Just try to relax during labor and delivery and remember there's not a whole lot you can do about anything -- she will come how and when she wants -- just work hard to get that healthy baby out! Take what comes with a grain of salt and try to enjoy it. I loved our labor and delivery, it was truly the most fun and amazing experience of my life. Good luck!! (The nursery is beautiful, by the way! Can't wait to see more pictures.)