Sunday, April 12, 2009

He is Risen!

He is risen indeed! Praise God for an empty tomb and a risen Savior!
Happy Easter!

Well I am ashamed at my lack of posting and hope to not go that long again! I was so behind in uploading pics. I'm sure lots has happened since I last posted but now its all a blur! Ella had her 6 month dr's appt a few weeks ago. It went well! She's 15 lb 12 oz (44%) and 27 inches (84%). Looks like she's gonna be tall and skinny. Hmm, wonder who she gets that from? Not me!

Ella's first Easter was great! We had an awesome church service this morning and I really felt God's presence. I'm so thankful for a wonderful church, God is so good. After church we came home and ate and played lots of wii. I got a chance to take a nice long walk with Ella and my mom. Ella was such a happy girl all day. Her Oma and Opa were here and so was her Aunt Rachel so she got extra spoiled. She loved all the attention but after awhile I could tell it had just gotten a little too much! I took her upstairs for awhile and just had some Ella/Mommy time and she was all better. What a sweet little girl she is! Here are a few pics we took today:

Ella, Oma, me
the 3 of us :)

do you think this girl is gonna be spoiled??
Today I had nursery duty at church. Its weird being in the nursery now that I have one of my own in there! She's just now getting to the age where if I'm in the room she wants me to hold her. Our church nursery is so fun right now...we have quite a few babies around the same age. Here is a pic of Ella and her future BFF Kennedy! Kennedy is my friend Amber's baby and she is such a sweetie! I look forward to these girls growing up together!

One of the most exciting things that has happened in the past week is that I learned that Target sells BabyLegs leggings! Oh my they are the cutest thing ever!! They are definitely nice for having Ella wear around the house, they make changing diapers so much easier and keep her legs nice and warm!! I did have an embarrasing moment when trying to decide which ones to get. Rusty and Ella had come with me to Target. Rusty (unbeknownst to me) had wandered off with Ella to the toy section (shocker). So I walk over to the leggings section, thinking he's right behind me. I see a cart coming up right beside me so I assume its Rusty. You probably see where this is going. So remember, I am REALLY excited about these leggings. I see all of them before me and I say "OH MAN, OH MAN, HOW WILL I DECIDE WHICH ONES TO GET!?!!" I was purposefully being extra dramatic. So then I hear someone say "uhm, excuse me." Yeah. Not Rusty standing beside me. Just some lady who now thinks there's some legging-obsessed girl who talks to herself. heehee. Ok, all that to say, here is a picture of the leggings :)

I love this next pic of Rusty and I lovin on miss Ella! We went to a get together with Rusty's side of the family this weekend and had such a great time. Ella is the youngest of all the cousins so she got extra attention and loved it!! It was so great to see everyone!!
And finally, a few pics of Ella's 1st Easter dress. I love love love this dress! She will probably be wearing it every Sunday to church untill she grows out of it :) The photo shoot went pretty well until I brought out the Easter basket with the grass in it. The grass stayed in the basket for approximately 5 seconds. Now I'm finding it everywhere, including in Ella's diapers. I guess babies really like that stuff, who knew?



We may do another photo shoot in this dress this week. I keep timing these shoots wrong and Ella's not wanting to smile! Of course as soon as the camera gets put away, she's all smiles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tabitha-- Love the pics!!!! Super cute! And, I'm glad you found the leggins. I want to get the rainbow striped ones for Kennedy next. Shopping for girls is so fun. :)
Amber
(This post may come up as 'anonymous' because I'm at the YMCA and don't want to log on...)
PS I'll be uploading the pics I took of Kennedy & Ella soon too!

Kim said...

Tabitha, Lissa's cousin Kim here. I just dropped in from Lissa's blog to see what's going on with y'all! I was scanning this post and noticed you mentioned Target Baby Legs, and I wanted to tell you about an even better deal on those on Etsy! A girl makes them and calls them Knotty Legs and there's TONS of patterns, and they're only $8 each, no shipping! I totally OD'd on them for Claire, but they'll fit for a while!