Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My 7 month old

Ella turned 7 months old yesterday! I know everyone says it, but I just can't believe how fast the past 7 months have gone. Ella's personality is coming out more and more every day. She babbles and "talks" constantly. I can't wait for her to actually start talking to see what she has to say! Sarah was telling me that at the school she teaches at, they have quiet time for 5 minutes in the morning. She said that as soon as the 5 minutes are up, a few of the kids just burst with all the things they've been holding in for the past 5 minutes. I think that's gonna be Ella :)

This past weekend was a baby shower for my good friend Jenny! I cannot wait for Jenny's baby girl to come so Ella can have another playmate! The theme for Jenny's shower was rubber duckies-Jenny loves them. I found an adorable 3D duck mold and decided to go for it. It was pretty tricky! I felt like I was on one of those cake challenges on the Food Network channel! (sidenote-is anyone else really into those cake decorating shows or is it just me??)

So, here's a picture of the duck cake when it was finished! I'm showing you the cake from its best angle. Looking at it straight on, it looked a bit "off". I had to decapitate it in order to slice it. Jenny ended up taking the duck head home and she's gonna freeze it and maybe have it at Kelsey's 1 year birthday party! How cute!

Ella LOVES to be outside. She just looks around and takes it all in. I love that she's big enough now to sit in her stroller and be happy in it. Here she is last weekend in her floppy sun hat.

So Ella's hair is finally long enough that I can clip bows in it! It looks a little funny since it takes pretty much all the hair she has to get the clip to stay. But I still think its pretty cute!

And finally, one of her in her swimsuit. She usually wears leggings with it when we head to the Y. Does anyone know if they make the little swimmers diapers in smaller than 16 lbs? That was the smallest I could find.

I haven't taken her official 7 month picture yet. Yesterday she came home from Rusty's mom with a really red swollen eye. She kept itching it and seemed really irritated. I was going to take her picture last night but she was just too fussy. This morning when she woke up it was fine, so I'm not sure what was up with that!

2 comments:

Amber Waves Of Grain said...

Love the duck cake! It turned out great. I do think you could go on one of those cake shows (yes, I watch them too...). :)
I want to say that they do have smaller swim diapers because I would have needed something small for Keegan. If I see some I'll tell you.
Can't believe Ella is 7 mos!!

Jenny said...

Did I tell you that one of the kids in my class has a grandma who competed in a Food Network Challenge for presidential cakes???

BTW, I really want pics of the shower. I'll try and remember to bring a cd on Sunday.

PS. Cute Ella pics!