Thursday, March 03, 2011

Potty Training Day, apparently

Potty training has been on my mind since Ella turned 2. We tried potty training a few weeks after she turned 2 (I wanted to try out the 3 day method), but after about 4 hours I decided she just wasn't quite ready. She would scream every time she had to sit on the potty. So I gave up and decided to hold off. She's now 2 and 5 months. She's told us she has to go off and on for the past month or so but usually asks to put her diaper back on after an hour or less. My goal was to have her potty trained by the time the baby comes in June.

This morning she asked to go potty first thing after she woke up. I was surprised when she actually went. I put panties on her and was shocked when she told me she had to go again about 20 minutes later! And she went! She's now been up for about 7 hours and only had once accident while I was in the shower. She was so disappointed! And to make it worse, somehow she peed on her blanket which made her even more upset! So-blanket is now in the dryer, hopefully dry by her nap time! I thought this pic was really funny. She insisted on putting on her hat and gloves (I think she thought I would have to take her outside if she was wearing those!), and kept them on for awhile. Silly girl.

2 comments:

Amber Waves Of Grain said...

I love that she's wearing hat/gloves-- cute pic! Good luck with training! Go, Ella, go!

Rach said...

i'm pretty sure you should have put the *other* picture up, you know, the one with the expletive :)