Saturday, May 02, 2009

5am ramblings

Its 5am on Saturday morning and I am blogging. Why? Because my sweet, adorable baby girl will not go to sleep! This is really rare for her. She pretty consistenly sleeps from 7-7 now but every once in awhile she'll wake up around 4:30am. Almost always she'll go right back to sleep after I nurse her but not today! When I put her back to bed she was quiet for about 5 minutes (until I was just drifting back to sleep...) and then she just started being really noisy. I really didn't want Rusty to wake up...he's had such a long week at work and lots of early morning. So, here we are, downstairs. Ella's on a blanket beside me playing and I'm blogging and watching infomercials :) I'm seriously thinking about buying a cordless vacuum. Or a ShamWOW.

Yesterday after her morning nap, Ella woke up in the best mood! She was just so smiley and happy. So I decided to do an impromptu photo shoot....






Here's her 7 month pic from a few days ago...


Something sweet - a lot of times while I'm nursing, I'll pray out loud. Partly to pass the time and partly just so Ella can hear me praying. Almost every time I start to pray, Ella will instantly stop nursing, get really big eyes, look up and me and just start smiling and making all these sweet noises. Its like she just knows that we're talking to God :)
I do have one prayer request. Maybe someone reading this has experienced something like this with their little ones? I noticed a few days ago a lump/mass/knot (not really sure what to call it) on Ella's chest, underneath her left nipple area. Am I allowed to say nipple on my blog? nipple. anyways, I was worried about it so I called my dr. I was hoping she would say it was normal and not to worry about it but she said she wanted to have ella come in so she could look at it. Its about marble-sized, not tender to the touch and only on the left side. You can definitely feel a difference if you compare the 2 sides. So, I'm mildy freaking out about it but trying not to worry too much. So I'd appreciate your prayers! Thanks!

2 comments:

Amber Waves Of Grain said...

Hey! Cute pics!
It's funny that you mentioned informmercials because that's what I just blogged about today before I saw your post!
Praying for Ella's NIPPLE. Let us know how it goes!

Nancy said...

You can borrow my Sham WOW anytime you want. Praying for Ella - that it will be nothing. Is it too early for her to have hormones?