Wednesday, May 27, 2009

8 months old Today!

Today Ella is 8 months old! Another month gone by SO FAST. It seems like Ella started doing lots of new things this past month. Her personality is coming out so much. Here are some things about 8 month old Ella:

Nicknames: Ella Bella, Sweet Pea, Sugar, Stinkerella, Portabella, The Ella-nator (Rusty calls her that sometimes. I do NOT) :)

Weight: 18ish lbs

Favorite things: nursing, reading books, singing, "talking", cuddling, her sippy cup, bath time

Least favorite things: getting dressed, diaper changes, getting her faced wiped after eating

Favorite foods: squash, banana, applesauce, oatmeal cereal

Clothing: mostly 6-9 month

This past month she got 2 teeth, started clapping (she LOVES to do this), and started waving (sometimes). She's so funny. Somtimes when we wave bye bye to her, she'll start clapping instead of waving. I think she's finally started to associate clapping with being happy and with music. A lot of times she claps when she gets in the tub or when I start singing to her. The other day, I gave her some food she didn't like (oh, sometimes she spits when she doesn't like things...not good). So finally I gave in and gave her some bananas. After her first bite she started clapping :) She also talks/babbles ALL day long. I don't even have to have the TV on for noise anymore! The past few days her babbles have sounded like she's saying "diddle, diddle, diddle" over and over. and over. She's also gotten really into cuddling lately, which I love. She loves for me to rock her. She'll just put her head on my shoulder or chest for the longest time...SO Sweet! It's been a fun month, can't wait to see what this next month will bring!

I love this picture of Sarah and Ella. Don't pay attention to my messy kitchen!


5 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh so cute! :-)

Amber Waves Of Grain said...

I can't believe how fast she is growing!!! How fun!

Lissa said...

She is getting to be such a big girl!! TOO CUTE!!

Heather said...

She's so cute! Lillian only has 1 tooth and its not in all the way though. She is starting to clap now and has been waving. She is also crawling!!! Good luck.

Steve said...

I think I'm going to start calling her Ella-nator. And you can start calling my son Zane-erator.