Sunday, February 08, 2009

4 month stats

Ella had her 4 month dr. appointment last week. She did so well and I was so proud of her! She was giving lots of sweet smiles to the dr. and nurse. She had to get 2 shots and 1 oral. She did pretty well until the last shot and then she cried pretty hard but she calmed down really quickly and actually was giving me some smiles by the time I got her in her carseat! What a sweet baby she is. Here are her official month stats:

Weight: 14lbs 11 oz (67%)

Length: 25 inches (69%)

Head: 17 inches (91%)

I can't believe how much she's grown! It's crazy to think that she had such a hard time gaining weight for so long and how much I worried about it. I feel like lately I've just been hearing so many stories of babies and kids who are sick-like, really sick. I hate to hear about things like that. Its always made me sad to hear about sick children but now that I'm a mom, it's a sadness on a whole new level. But whenever I hear about it, it just makes me so much more thankful that I have a healthy baby. Tonight I was thinking back over the past 4 months and all we've been through. Things were pretty rough for the first 2 months or so, but, now, I'm glad I went through the tough times. Its just made me so much more thankful for the little things now! For example, tonight I nursed Ella downstairs, on the couch, so I could be in the room with Rusty. That sounds like something so little, but for the first 9 weeks of Ella's life, I could only nurse her in 1 particular chair, upstairs, and had to nurse her in a certain position (football hold-so uncomfortable, but that is the only way she'd latch on!) and I always felt so isolated and alone! She would take over an hour to nurse and even then I wasn't sure if she was getting enough. I would literally just sit there for an hour and cry, it was horrible! So tonight, as I nursed my baby, sitting cross-legged on the couch, watching Groundhog Day with Rusty, I praised God for that blessing. I know that sounds so silly, but these are the kinds of little things that I think about now and give God the glory for!

Ella is LOVING her jumparoo right now. It took her awhile to figure out what exactly she was supposed to do in it, but obviously she's figured it out :)

No comments: