Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Kate!

Unless you've been living under a rock, you've heard of Jon & Kate plus Eight. I have to admit, I'm addicted. There seems to be a Jon & Kate marathon on every day. Even if it's an episode I've seen 5 times, somehow I don't mind watching it again! Rusty says they should just give them their own channel and get it over with! Disclaimer: I love the show but I in no way approve of how Kate treats Jon! She is so mean and disrespectful to him! That being said, I'm still hooked. So you can imagine my excitement when I heard that Kate would be coming to Indy to speak at the home show!! I read her book after getting it for Christmas and was excited to bring it with me and have Kate sign it. I even thought I might get to talk to her and have my picture taken with her! Here is Ella and I minutes before Kate arrived. Ella can hardly contain her excitement.

Kate spoke at 3. We got there around 1:30 and there were already no seats left and a huge standing crowd had already gathered. The line for a book signing had already started. By the time I got in line there were at least 100 people ahead of me. From where they had the book signing set up, you couldn't see the stage where Kate would be speaking. I asked a worker about it and he said I had to chose-either stand in line to have myh book signed or see Kate speak. And he said that he couldn't guarantee that my book would get signed because she would only be signing books for an hour and I was pretty far back. So, I decided to skip the book signing and see her speak. Here's some pics of her speaking!






Overall it was fun. I was a little disappointed because she didn't say anything I didn't already know. She pretty much talked about everything that she has either already said on the show or wrote in her book. But it was still cool to see her!
I just had to include this pic too, even though it had nothing to do with this post really. Last night we went out to dinner for Sarah's bday and there was a TV at the restaurant. The Purdue game was on and Rusty and Ella were glued to the TV...bummer the Boiler's didn't win. But I thought this was a cute picture of the 2 of them!

4 comments:

Charity said...

This is hilarious because i have a group of friends from pcc and we get into these huge discussions about j&k+8... Have you ever noticed her hair resembles and duckbutt? :)

LOVE the picture of rusty and ella! so sweet!!

Anonymous said...

Tabitha,
I LOVE the show too - and I find myself watching it all the time! In fact, while I was in labor with Hayley at the hospital they were having a marathon day on tv and I think Jon & I watched like 5 episodes in a row! too funny! Thats cool you got to see her! I haven't read her book, should I? Was it good?
Cute blog post!
Marisa

Jen said...

I always watch the show too. Steve hates it and can't stand to be in the same room if it's on. Apparently, Kate's voice gives him a headache. You can be a fan of the show on facebook. I did hear 1500 people showed up to hear her speak. Unfortunately, Paige had school so I was unable to attend at the 3:00 pm show. And then Awana for the other kids at 7:00pm.

Amber Waves Of Grain said...

I wondered how your day with Kate went! How fun! Sorry you didn't get your book signed!

I love the pic of Rusty & Ella; that is too funny.