Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Picture funk

I've been so bad about taking pictures lately, I don't know what it is! I'm getting ready to finally get Ella's pics taken professionally-its about time! I intended to do 3, 6, 9 and 12 month pictures. Hmm, that didn't really happen. Since I don't have any new pics to post, I thought I would put some old pics so you can see how much Ella has changed! Here is a picture taken a few weeks ago:

Here is a picture of Ella at about a week old. I can't believe how much she's changed!

Ella is getting so funny! She's starting to discover her voice more and more. Unfortunately, recently she's decided to practice her new sounds at about 2am! She wakes up almost every night now-not crying, just babbling away to herself. When I go in the nursery to check on her, the first thing I see is her feet straight up in the air. Its so funny! Even though its 2am, all I can do is laugh. She just has such a fun little personality. I look forward to seeing it come out more and more! This week we're heading to Crawfordsville to visit my Mom. She hasn't seen Ella in about a month so I'm looking forward to them seeing each other! My mom only lives about an hour away but somehow its hard to get the time to see her as often as we want.

For Valentine's Day, Rusty surprised me (kinda) with tickets to Cirque du Soleil! I hate surprises so I always make him tell me what he has planned. This is one thing we are very opposite in. Rusty loves suprises! We have a thing where we take turns planning our anniversary plans. When its my turn, I have such a hard time not telling him what I have planned because I just love to know things in advance whereas Rusty would much rather it be a surprise! Anyways, Cirque was awesome!! It was so different from anything I'd ever seen before. It was definitely entertaining! One weird thing that happened though was that when we were walking there, there was a girl about our age standing on the street corner handing out money! She had this huge stack of dollar bills and was just saying "free money!" and handing out dollar bills. I was so confused! I wish now I would have asked her what she was doing but I didn't. I just took my free money and kept walking!

The 10 year anniversary of our first date is coming up in about a month and we're trying to decide what to do (without spending much money!). Any suggestions? I thought of The Melting Pot (a really yummy fondue place in town). I've always wanted to go there but its pretty expensive! We also thought about recreating our first date. But driving to Lafayette and going to Applebees doesn't really sound that exciting, and I doubt we'll find a theater showing Forces of Nature :) Plus Rusty said he doesn't want to be reminded that I had to pick HIM up for our first date (in my mom's car). Yes, our first date was obviously quite romantic.

Ok, I promise by my next post I'll be out of my picture funk and have some new Ella pics for you!!

8 comments:

Dan and Megan said...

I definitely vote for the Melting Pot. Dan and I went to the one in Castleton over Christmas. It was very romantic! Your booth is actually in like a private little room that you can curtain off. The food was delicious (if you decide to go, make sure you make a reservation). It is expensive but for special occasions, you gotta go above Applebee's. =)

You could always pack a picnic and go to a park, weather permitting. Much cheaper. =)

Jen said...

Yeah we've been to the Melting Pot four times and I have been pregnant with each child for the first three times. The great thing about the Melting Pot is you can just get a cheese and dessert fondue or just dessert fondue. It is so worth the price.

And of course for our second or third anniversary, we did the picnic thing too at Turkey Run.

There's also lots of restaurants downtown as well as the South Bend Chocolate Co Cafe that's awesome.

Amber Waves Of Grain said...

Now you have me curious about the money lady! You should google her to see if something comes up.

I'll be really honest, I don't care for the melting pot... but I think I'm alone! I loved the cheese and chocolate fondues but wasn't a fan of the main course. They give you things like lobster to cook... but we couldn't tell when anything was done since we had never really cooked those types of foods before. We would rather someone else have cooked them for us. But, everyone else seems to love the place.

Other ideas.... check out IRT for a play? Maybe the Eagles Nest (about the same price as melting pot). The Symphony (they have 'cheap seats' above/behind the stage). Dinner someplace cheaper (like spaghetti factory) and then a carriage ride downtown. A trip to brown county. Go to the art museum and eat at Wolfgang Puck's (no idea about prices). Anything will be great as long as it's just you two! :)

Lissa said...

Okay I am anti Melting Pot but that's just me...
We didn't love it. :(
AND I got burned there multiple times by the stuff coming out of the pot and spraying me on the arms/face.
BUT perhaps I just had a bad experience.
AND of course I say come to Lafayette, and let us keep Ella!!!

Lissa said...

And Elliott and I LOVE LOVE LOVE St. Elmos but it's pretty pricey and not real quiet.

Nathan said...

Actually, I kinda like the melting pot - but that's me - yeah, Amber wasn't such a fan...

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

You should get Applebees to go and watch Forces of Nature on video. :) I'm like that though, a night in sounds so much better to me lately!

Amber Waves Of Grain said...

Another idea--
Nathan & I went to the Broad Ripple Steakhouse once for our anniversary and it was good!