Friday, February 27, 2009

5 months already!

Happy 5 month birthday to my sweet Ella Bella! Can't believe 5 months ago today she was born. Its amazing how much my life has changed-for the better-in 5 short months! Every day I feel like I just fall more in love with this little girl. Tonight I was putting her to bed and when I finally went downstairs I realized I'd been in her room for almost an hour-not because she was fussy, but just because I love spending time with her, rocking her, singing to her and just loving on her. I can't imagine a sweeter little girl! Here are some things about 5 month old Ella:

*I wake up most mornings to her sweet voice-little coo's, squeals and babbling
*She's rolled over once (about a month ago, from belly to back) but refuses to do it again
*Her favorite activity is definitely her jumparoo...she loves that thing!
*She's just recently started warming up to her bumbo seat but she doesn't like it for long
*She's had rice cereal 3 or 4 times but I'm not going to officially start her on it until next month
*Today, for the first time, she started to "fake cough". She did it all day long! At first I thought
she was actually coughing but then I realized she was just doing it because she figured out how
to!
*Her favorite book is Old MacDonald
*Her favorite songs are Twinke Twinkle and Jesus Loves Me (she just starts smiling SO big
whenever I sing either of these songs!)
*She is a big time Daddy's girl...she gets SO excited when he gets home from work
*She is very friendly and smiles at pretty much anyone who will pay attention to her

Ok, I better stop now...I could probably keep going but I'm sure this list is getting boring! Here are some pics from this past week.

These 2 were taken today in her Purdue t-shirt!


Tonight at Chik-fil-a


Getting dressed!





This week has been so hectic for us! We were out and about all day Wednesday and Thursday. Ella was so off her routine so today we just stayed in. Its amaizing how much better she did today. I think she's gonna be a homebody like her mamma. I love going out and doing things but really I'm happiest just hanging out at home! I can definitely tell that Ella knows when she is at home. She's just more herself. Wednesday we went visiting a lady from church. She was pretty good while we were there but I could just tell she was a little off. Thursday I went to get my license renewed. Did you know you can't show your teeth when you smile for your drivers license picture? How weird. I wonder if that's just in Indiana or everywhere?
Tomorrow night I'm making a Pioneer Woman favorite...Apple Dumplings. Oh my. If you haven't tried this recipe, TRY IT!! You won't be disappointed. And, for a simple recipe, I thought I'd pass along a "recipe" I have for a 1 minute apple dumpling dessert that I found in my Kraft Food magazine awhile ago. Its not like award winning or anything but I must say its pretty tasty!
-Put 5-6 vanilla wafers in the bottom of a bowl. Scoop some applesause on top. Add some cool whip and mix together with the applesause. Microwave for 1 minute. Put more cool whip on top.
I'm telling you-its good! The vanilla wafers get really soft and yummy and the cool whip tastes really good microwaved. Cool whip is always something I have in my fridge. In case you were wondering.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments! You are soo right! I forgot about the fake cough! Oh my--this cracks me up! What adorable pictures! You have a happy baby! Isn't it such a blessing???

Jen

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Look at those chunky thighs! I miss those thighs!! :)